Mintaka Financial (“Mintaka”, “We”, “Us”) is an independent finance company whose business is working with affiliates, trusted business partners, subsidiaries, vendors, service providers and sales organizations (“Trusted Partners”) to underwrite, fund and/or service loans and leases (collectively, the “Services”) for small businesses (“Customers”). Towards that end, a substantial portion of the Personal Information we collect, use, share, and store regarding small business owners (“You” or “Your”) is sensitive in nature and confidential, including Your social security number and financial account information, IP address, loan application data and other personally identifiable information (“Sensitive Personal Information”).
Third Party Financing Facilitators
Mintaka receives Sensitive Personal Information primarily through our relationships with third parties who Customers have engaged to secure financing (“Financing Facilitators”). Mintaka works with those Financing Facilitators to honor their Privacy Policies but is not responsible for their use of Your Sensitive Personal Information. For more information please contact Your Financing Facilitator directly.
Mintaka Financial maintains a website which provides access for potential business partners to request general business information, inquire on how to become a partner and ask questions about Mintaka. Through the website Mintaka collects information through web tools such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, the date and time of their visit, search queries and the average number of pages viewed, and uses that information to solicit new business partnerships. Sensitive Personal Information is not requested or collected on the website.
Mintaka Financial also receives and collects, permanently retains and aggregates Sensitive Personal Information of potential or existing commercial borrowers via a secured proprietary network through our Financing Facilitators, customer interactions via messaging or telephone contact, and vendors. That information may include:
- Contact information such as name, business name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Financial information such as bank statements, credit card statements, average bank balance, personal and business credit history, payment behavior, bank account information, and tax ID number;
- Social security number;
- Unique identifiers such as user name and password, and IP address; and
- Business information including company size, and business type.
In addition to collecting information via web forms, we may also conduct a site visit to collect information and may collect external data used by lenders or for Mintaka to process applications and complete and manage transactions, e.g., from credit reporting agencies, other vendors, as well as from social media.
Mintaka maintains safeguards to guard Your confidential information. We use security equipment, software and firewalls to keep system applications and critical equipment updated
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to:
- Compile, save, use and analyze Your Personal Information in both a personally-identifiable form and as anonymized aggregated data;
- Operate, maintain, improve, and provide to You the Services and to conduct our business;
- Verify Your identity and conduct appropriate diligence;
- Process Your application and determine whether or not Your business qualifies for one of the loan products offered by Mintaka or Financial Facilitators;
- Process Your business loan product account, including deducting automatic payments;
- Communicate with You to send order confirmations, respond to customer service requests, send servicing communications, and send account update notifications;
- Conduct research and analyses to better understand our Customers; produce data analytics and reports containing anonymized summaries of Sensitive Personal Information and other information that is not Personal Information (such information, “General Information”) that we may share with business partners. General Information may include Sensitive Personal Information that has been aggregated, anonymized and will not identify You.
Information Sharing When Permitted or Required by Law
Your information may be shared with Trusted Partners for business purposes or when required by federal or state law. We do not sell Your information to third-parties and do not give permission for third parties to use Your information for marketing purposes. Information may also be shared when permitted, and under any separate agreement with You. This may be done to protect against fraud, respond to subpoenas or when You request us to.
We will provide Your Sensitive Personal Information to our Trusted Partners to provide services to help us with our business activities, such as offering customer service, processing credit checks or secure data storage, and other similar services. These companies are authorized to use Your Personal Information only as necessary to provide these types of services to us. In addition, we may also share General Information for the same reasons as we provide Sensitive Personal Information and for Trusted Partners and others to conduct analyses.
We may also disclose Your Personal Information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, including bankruptcy proceedings;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect Your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a request from a governmental entity;
- If Mintaka is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or substantially all of its assets or equity, in which case, You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of Your Personal Information; and
- To any other third party with Your prior consent to do so.
Confidential information is restricted to employees who need access to perform their job. Through training, employees respect Customer privacy and access information only for business reasons. Information with commercial clients and transactions may be shared with Financing Facilitators, Trusted Partners, service providers and vendors in connection with the Services
Mintaka Financial, LLC is a registered trademark. All intellectual property rights associated with this site are the property of Mintaka Financial and protected by copyright, trademark and other laws.
If you have questions about this privacy statement, please contact us at:
Fax 866-851-8943 or
P.O. Box 2149
Gig Harbor, WA 98335-4149